Thursday, June 20, 2013

It is hard to be an Aspie/Aspergian

In Aspie world, stress management, emotional development are some things we have to learn, to acquire as skills while many people inherit them naturally. We learn communication skills, interpersonal skills, and teamwork skills slowlier than others. We find out what are our abilities and interests later in life than other people. We feel awkwark, isolated, frustrated, helpless, inferior. We hardly find somebody to help us, to understand us, to like us.

As an Aspie, I cannot escape it. I cannot change the fact. I cannot wish to be anybody else. I am able to do 1 thing: adjusting my life to become more of myself.

I know all of them. Yet, sometimes, it is still so hard.

[In my country, Vietnam, most people don’t know and don’t care about mental health. In fact, if you tell people you have some mental problems, they will assume you as crazy and abnormal. Hardly anyone comes to see therapists; books on mental heath in Vietnamese language are very rare. Under the circumstance, I haven’t had any formal diagnosis. Asperger’s syndrome is the problem I self-diagnosed myself with the help of highly-recommended and trusted books of Tony Attwood, John Elder, and Willey. I only wish that one day, in the near future, Vietnamese people can consider therapy as normal and helpful in life, and many Aspergian could be formal diagnosed.]

No comments:

Post a Comment