Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Re-learn GMAT

“Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in." – Leonardo da Vinci.

As I mentioned in the previous entry, I’ve already known which kind of career I want to pursue. In my wildest dream, I spend 16 hours per day and 7 days per week in office, collecting, analyzing, and examining data and information. Then, after 2 or 3 years eating and sleeping with work, I can apply for an MBA course.

I don’t know whether I’m lucky or not. It was not until the last semester of college that I've realized what type of career I fit. It seems like I have to start from scratch again. 

In the next 3 months, I’m going to study GMAT.

  • First of all, I take the GMAT test for myself. I want to test whether I have potential talents to study and work in financial field or not.
  • Second of all, I want to add one plus point in my application. Even if the schools at which I aim don’t require GMAT score, their eyes can sparkle while reading my GMAT report. 

The next 3 months would not be smooth.

I will go through days watching my roommate dress up for work. I will blame myself for not studying GMAT earlier and not performing better in previous job interviews. I will feel inferior standing next to my roommate, shamefully. 

I’ll be scared of getting headache over GMAT problems. I’ll be scared of not getting the score I want.

In the next 3 months, there will be (many) times when I will want to give up. There will be times I will feel like a bunch of useless crap. Under that circumstance, what should I do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment