Saturday, March 16, 2013

Today I took the TOEFL iBT test

“Every journey starts with a single step.” I have just taken my first step today: taking the TOEFL iBT test.

I was lucky.3 reading passages were about familiar topics. Listening section was not too hard. 

I’m worrying about the Speaking and Writing section. I made a few small mistakes in 2 essays. I couldn’t convey all of my ideas in 2 speaking questions.

What a relief! My struggling days finally come to an end. I’m waiting for the result. Even when the result is unexpectedly low, I will not feel regretful. 

This week, thanks to Mr.thay’s lecture, I know what career I want to pursue. (Millions thanks to my Mr.thay, as usual.) I’m working to earn an opportunity to become what I want myself to be.

Next step:
  • Schools & courses, GMAT, required essays, letters of recommendation, other documents. Retake the TOEFL test, if needed.
  • Homework, essays, reading, online courses on finance…..


* Becoming one of “C suite” is tempting. Studying MBA is alluring. I still want to keep my intention to study MBA at Fuqua, Ohlin or Kellogg. But I guess that silly dream can wait a little longer. Maybe 5 years later?*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nancy. I've just discovered that the site also links to helpful GMAT websites.

    I hope that they can assist me to ace the GMAT test.

    Best of wishes. Have a nice weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete