Saturday, April 6, 2013

My future plan


I am studying GMAT and learning how to write letters of recommendation (LoRs), admission essays, personal statements, letters of purpose, and so on.

Why?

Because I want to earn a 2-year Master degree in Finance aboard. I am thinking about the United States, Canada, and Europe. I want to leave my country in August 2014.

I used to dream about getting an MBA degree. Dream changed. If I keep staying in Vietnam for 3 or more years, hoping to gain experience for MBA, I will not be able to leave. Other responsibilities and expectations need to be handled. 

Now I want to be trained and taught in a specific area. I choose Finance since I want to work for investment banks or become a reliable financial analyst after graduation.

My GPA is low, my TOEFL score is not too high, my estimated GMAT score will not belong to the top 10%, my working experience is unimpressive. Under those conditions, I am not expecting any merit-based scholarship.

I only pray to find a suitable school that is willing to accept me. US, Canada, Europe (except for England, since they can only provide 1-year Master programs) 

Yet, it is still so hard.  


"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. " - Wayne Dyer

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to get a scholarship for an MBA degree in the USA. But you can secure a full scholarship in others. My friend with a undergraduate degree from Foreign Trade University won a full scholarship in public policy, partially related to finance. Diversify your objectives. Good luck with your plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the helpful advice. The reason why i want to study Finance is that I would want to become a financial analyst after graduation. Listening to your advice, I will diversify my options. Thank you :x.

      Delete